What is Drop Shipping?
Drop shipping is a simple arrangement that enables you to sell high-quality products at low wholesale prices without ever having to store, handle, or ship merchandise. You can sell products on your website, blog, or through an auction website, such as eBay or Amazon. Once a product sells, simply send us the order. While you sit back and enjoy your profit, the order is shipped directly from us to your customer. It’s that easy.
Drop Shipping Advantages
Drop shipping enables you to sell products virtually anywhere. Whether you run an e-commerce store, own a blog, or sell on eBay, drop shipping is often the most efficient method of sourcing products. Drop shipping provides distinct advantages over other business models:
- First and foremost, drop shipping saves the cost of building a stock of inventory. If you’re like most people starting a small business, you don’t have a huge amount of capital to get your business of the ground. The last thing you want to do is tie up all of your cash on inventory that may or may not sell.
- Risks associated with non-selling products are minimized with drop shipping. With no inventory on hand, there is not any leftover stock. Let’s face it, products can suddenly become outdated, obsolete, or just plain unpopular. While other retailers are selling their stock at deep discounts – taking a huge loss, you can move onto the next hot product. You will never be stuck with a stockroom full of unwanted products while drop shipping.
- Drop shipping enables you to immediately adapt to market trends. If you find that customers are demanding a particular product, jump on the bandwagon and line your pockets with profits. Without a stock of inventory, you can change what you sell at any time. When hot products change, simply change the products that you sell.
- This simple business model frees up space, money, time, and stress by not requiring you to warehouse products. While other internet business owners are filling their houses or renting stockrooms to store inventory, you can enjoy not having to deal with those headaches.
- Last but not least, drop shipping allows you to focus on making money. With this easy-to-use business model, you are not required to keep track of inventory. Nor, do you have to handle products or ship them. Drop Ship Access manages inventory, so you can focus on earning profits.
Benefits of Drop Shipping
Drop shipping saves time, and let’s face it time is money. Drop shipping completely eliminates the need to store and manage inventory. Warehousing merchandise and managing inventory requires numerous stressful hours on a regular basis. Not only do you save time with product management, drop shipping enables you to free up time that would have been spent boxing, labeling, and shipping orders. Drop shipping requires less manpower than traditional retailing methods, thus cutting costs as well as saving time.
Drop shipping saves money and minimizes your financial risk. With drop shipping, you do not order the product until your customer pays you. Therefore, the cost of your merchandise does not come out of your pocket. Drop shipping allows you to sell name brand products of your choice, and enables you to start selling new products at any time. This practical method can be used to test products with minimal financial risk.
Drop Shipping Works
Drop shipping may not be a magical solution, but it is a brilliant one for many online retailers. Drop shipping enables anyone to become an entrepreneur by minimizing the funds necessary to start a business. The benefits of drop shipping for many online stores far outweigh the drawbacks. Drop shipping eliminates the need to store and manage inventory, locate product sources, buy shipping supplies, and drive to the post office to ship orders. A small portion of control is lost over package branding and product inventory, but that is a small price to pay for the overall ease that drop shipping brings to building a successful online business.